March 28, 2024, 12:50:23 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: vsftp  (Read 3256 times)

Offline jitender33

• Linux Noob !
vsftp
« on: March 04, 2006, 11:26:18 AM »
hi
       I have installed Vsftpd server on redhat linux 9.0. I can ftp through anonymos user. But when i try to open with internet explorer i can login on ftp server with anonymos user but i cannot see the ftp shared folder.
         Second i want to block the anonymos user and allow to login with root and some other user name.

Please give me support about both topics
Thanks
Jitender

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
vsftp
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 06:57:07 PM »
You need to edit you /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf

Each directive is in its separate line..
look for : anonymous_enable
Make it NO

About Internet explorer.. I think you need to see that where you can make IE to use passive mode.

About other question :
I have following cut and paste for you:

#

userlist_deny — When used in conjunction with the userlist_enable directive and set to NO, all local users are denied access unless the username is listed in the file specified by the userlist_file directive. Because access is denied before the client is asked for a password, setting this directive to NO prevents local users from submitting unencrypted passwords over the network.

The default value is YES.
#

userlist_enable — When enabled, the users listed in the file specified by the userlist_file directive are denied access. Because access is denied before the client is asked for a password, users are prevented from submitting unencrypted passwords over the network.

The default value is NO, however under Red Hat Enterprise Linux the value is set to YES.
#

userlist_file — Specifies the file referenced by vsftpd when the userlist_enable directive is enabled.

The default value is /etc/vsftpd.user_list.

Offline ilias

• Linux Learner
vsftp
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 04:15:54 AM »
Hi

You can set the IE to passive mode by tools --> internet options --> Advanced tab under the browsing tab u can find enable passive mode.