Network Troublshooting > Linux Servers Support

Linux Server

<< < (2/2)

dragoncity99:
Hi, answers to ur questions :)
1) First step. Pick a linux of ur choice. Well, it's up to u. I have used Red Hat/Fedora + Slackware as my linux servers. Maybe u can start with Red Hat/Fedora if u r a newbie to linux :)

2) Adding computer account? Do u mean a user account? If it's user account, then u can use the following command:

1.  Type useradd username ----> i.e. useradd richard
    2. Set a password for the username by typing passwd username    i.e. ----> passwd richard

3) Yes u can. Please refer to the this to Ricky's' howto. Million thanks to ricky's contribution.
  http://www.linuxsolved.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16

4) Yes, of course :) Just hang around the book shops. But i still think asking questions in the forum is much more practical and efficient. U have all experienced and those u have used linux for years to share with u ;)
I started learning linux with "Linux Bible" Publisher = Hungry Minds. It's really for beginners.

Welcome to the linux family and happy linuxing ;)

Nazareth:
Hallo Dragoncity 99,

--- Code: ---Yes, of course  Just hang around the book shops. But i still think asking questions in the forum is much more practical and efficient. U have all experienced and those u have used linux for years to share with u  
I started learning linux with "Linux Bible" Publisher = Hungry Minds. It's really for beginners.
Welcome to the linux family and happy linuxing
--- End code ---

Thank you very very much

Nazareth

dragoncity99:
Most welcome, man. ;)

Feel free to ask.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version