March 28, 2024, 08:40:26 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: bootloder problem  (Read 3809 times)

Offline jitender33

• Linux Noob !
bootloder problem
« on: January 10, 2006, 07:25:41 AM »
Hi friends
            I have install dual boot system 2000pro. with redhat linux9.0. I am able to boot my window operating system but i am not able to boot linux. I boot linux in Rescue mode its showing no linux partion found please reboot your system. after this message its showing me sh# prompt. From this prompt i can see all the partion but not able to install to boot loader
             Pls give me the solution of my this problem

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
bootloder problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 06:39:34 PM »
I think you have deleted linux partition somehow..

The partition u are seeing are just created virtually in rescue mode. Better use any live CD and examine properly if you are seeing ur old linux partitions or just rescue mode's needed files.

Offline jitender33

• Linux Noob !
boot loader
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 07:07:50 AM »
Quote from: "Ricky"
I think you have deleted linux partition somehow..

The partition u are seeing are just created virtually in rescue mode. Better use any live CD and examine properly if you are seeing ur old linux partitions or just rescue mode's needed files.

i was not delet any single partision of linux its showing me boot,swap,root all three partision. when i using the chroot /mnt/sysimage its saying command not found. but i am see /mnt file system not able to search sysimage. so what should i do

Offline aktiwari4u

• LST CareTaker
  • Crescent
    • http://aktiwari4u.tk/
bootloder problem
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 07:23:12 AM »
if you feel that you have installed linux and not deleated than its batter that start your system with the cd help and from there choose boot installed system if you can boot that then after that you may change your boot loader setting or may modify that.