April 23, 2024, 03:42:33 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Bandwidth Coltrol -i Have 256 Kbps For Particular System  (Read 3735 times)

Offline gadekishore

• Linux Noob !
Bandwidth Coltrol -i Have 256 Kbps For Particular System
« on: October 15, 2005, 04:58:32 AM »
hello

we are using squid-2.5-stable-2 version in fedora core 2. we have 256 kbps line i have 40 clients . for the particular system i.e., 192.168.0.5 i am planning to give only 10kbps . by using bandwidth control in squid .
CAN ANY BODY EXPLAIN ME CLEARLY ABOUT DELAY POOLS 1 2 . DONT GIVE WEBSITE DETAILS.IF ANY BODY CAN GIVE STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE IAM SO THANK FUL TO THEM

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 01:41:21 AM »
Well..

gauravbajaj can guide you better. He has done it successfully.

Offline gauravbajaj

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 12:45:23 PM »
Thx Ricky
 I am also not so much confident in case of DELAY POOLS but I will try to explain here:

Actually if u look into ur squid.conf file ..its really terrific, means its difficult to control the bandwidth using that..

The Delay pools concept is somewhat difficult to configure, if u want to do it from command mode ,..

Do one thing download and install webmin tool and configure Delay pools using that tool its makes the job easier....

Actually in Delay pools , first u have to add a new  delay pool ..

That is suppose u  want to give only 30 MB bandwidth to some clients (lets take  client1 and client2) on ur network (by clients i mean to give some bandwidth for some ip-addresses)  

For that first u have to add a delay pool and allocate 30 MB bandwidth to that pool ..
After successfully creation of a Delay poo(which is very easy if u r using webmin tool)l ..Now just add as many clients as u want in that newly created delay pool(in our case , u have to add client1 and client2 in that delay pool) , now these 2 clients only get 30 MB of bandwidth (not less or more that that , as u have restricted the bandwidth for that clients)..

Like this u can add as many DELAY POOLS and just add different clients to different Delay Pools..according to your choice....

Hope that it  have given some basic concept for configuring DELAY POOLS...

First install webmin tool and just configure delay pools from that.., If u want what changes it made to squid.conf file, then just give  a look to squid.conf file after that

I am Not sure that wheather u understood  but for that much of information U can able to configure it.

Gaurav :D