April 24, 2024, 12:04:05 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: squid (tcp_error)  (Read 4167 times)

Offline tomamodi

• Linux Learner
squid (tcp_error)
« on: September 07, 2005, 10:35:45 AM »
I get this error some times for some webs
http://www.mycafecup.com/download.html

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"  
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.  

For assistance, contact your network support team.  

NOTE :- if i try direct with out squid for same url it work it means through squid it will not connect

any help apreseated
thanks

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
squid (tcp_error)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 05:42:28 PM »
Its a time out error which means that network connection at that moment was not working.
And its what I think.. may be at the time you got that error then your internet was down for few moments , while you tried direct then it was normal.
Also it happens when your connection get slowed.

Offline tomamodi

• Linux Learner
squid (tcp_error)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 07:33:26 AM »
thanks for answer
but dear i tested it nearly 100 times it is just with sqid on some urls like i posted

And
i want one more vlearifection

did the number of peer_cache
efects speed (reduced)

i alwayes use nearly ten (cache_peer) lines diffrent isps proxy -just in case one isp go down i put other without doing any work in squid
because that proxy is already there
did this effect my speed
--
i dont no how that is documented -i have one commercial cache - that is squid but it is very fast and even if there is no connected modem it give the saved urls
and it is squid -but i am unable to see its squid.conf  it is password protected
severel times i check cnn.com
if after two days i start that client pc connected to that cahe and with out connecting to wan it give the previous old page of two days before in one click
if connected it give the latest
-in my thinking it is some way that wwwoffle is binded by squid in this box
but unable to break it in to see
even if i copy it it work with changed and copied HDD
but the change of lan card is not excepted by this box -
did you put some light on it
i copy it and i have two  but i have only one the orignal lan card work in both -same model and make other lan card didnt one
may bi some one understan it that what  script is in side witch holds the lancards mac address witch first check the card is the orignal one it work if not it didnt work