April 27, 2024, 01:49:11 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: PPPoE Server  (Read 3646 times)

Offline wis

• Linux Noob !
PPPoE Server
« on: July 11, 2005, 11:55:10 AM »
I'm having some problems working with the roaring Penguin rp-pppoe, i want to setup RHL9 as a pppoe server to serve pppoe clients.
So Please send me the steps needed to install it, including dependencies,requirements... :cry:
Thank u Guys
Regards
Wis

Offline shekhar_naik

• Linux Noob !
PPPoE Server
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 08:35:18 AM »
My organisation recently shifted to BSNL's DataOne Broadband services. Earlier we are using lease line for our Linux 8.0 Squid 2.4 Proxy Server.

Can anyone help me how to configure the adsl with linux.

My problem is as follows -

With one ethercard, I am able to connect to BSNL and browse from the linux server. The first eth is taking only dynamic IP and needs to be connected to the USB Modem (SmartAX MT 882). If I add second eth, m/c couldn't get connect to bsnl.

Because of this situation, I could not assign our internal network address to the server which is most imp. So that other users can use this ip as their proxy server.

Along with the Modem, I got one CD which consists of CDCEther.c for Linux. When I tried to compile it, it flashes error. Does this program is useful for assigning internal IP?

Can anybody help me on this ??

Offline gauravbajaj

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
PPPoE Server
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 11:57:46 AM »
...,Its not difficult , I have configured it previously in my company.................., to configure it u must of 2 NIC Cards,.......
One is for internel interface and other is for external.....

U have to just add default gateway as ur internal ip-adress provided by BSNL...

If u r having a problem .., then first try to configure it in WINDOWS ....

If u can't configure it in windows ...., then u must call Customer support of BSNL for this...................

After that replicate the same in Linux..............

Gaurav.