March 28, 2024, 12:43:39 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: No video in 2.6 kernel !!!  (Read 5246 times)

Offline sanjoealex

No video in 2.6 kernel !!!
« on: June 14, 2005, 06:17:59 PM »
I had installed PCQ linux in my system (P III 450,224 MB,S3 trio 3D 2X video card, Samtron 40B monitor,Aztech 3328 sound card, MS intellimouse-serial and a PS/2 kbd). The distro didn't get installed at  once and 'linux noprobe didn't work. At last it got installed with the 'linux skipddc' option disabling the monitor probing. I installed 2.4 kernel and 2.6 kernel. It is perfectly ok if I boot into the 2.4 kernel. But if i boot into the 2.6 kernel, the Xserver starts and during the bootup process, the video signal stops, i.e, the display vanishes and the led in the front starts blinking. Nothing happens after that even if i tried waiting. Only ctrl alt del worked. Can someone help me with this problem??? :?:

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
No video in 2.6 kernel !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 08:08:31 AM »
Well.. at the moment I am unable to guess the right cause of this problem, but I have used PCQ LINUX and I had same problem, I first tried to solve it by reinstalling and it was solved.. but again it appeared and I then solved it by repairing the filesystem.

Here if you X config file is having wrong resolution for monitor then might not be able to get the vdo but again you are getting for 2.4.x kernel which is again using the same file ! !!
See if others can help you more !