March 29, 2024, 08:38:51 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: No space left on device  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Wscotttem

No space left on device
« on: June 13, 2005, 03:40:32 PM »
Could not create pipeKey segment
No space left on device

Well I tried listing the error as the first line we got.  Was hoping that someone could give me information about the second line.  Sometimes the server stays up for 1 hour before getting this message and sometimes it will stay up for weeks before getting this message.  Does anyone know anything about this?  Once this happens no one in office or out of office can get to the website.  We start rebooting servers til this message goes away and the site is back up.

Scott Templon
Computer Programmer
Mountainside Software

Offline neo

• Linux Learner
    • http://www.investorsgain.com
No space left on device
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 04:42:21 AM »
No space left on device

This means that the disk is full. Try adding space on to the server.

Offline Wscotttem

No space left on device
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 12:22:20 PM »
We checked the server and as far as we can tell it should have plenty of space.  We reboot and it usually works for the next hour or the next few weeks before getting this message again.  We usually start by rebooting the Linux server, then the internet server, then the routers in that order.  We reboot one at a time and check to see if there is any improvement.  Is there a certain amount of space or number of files allowed in a directory or do we have to set a certain size for a particular director.  All information is welcome for I know very little of the linux server because we were handed it after a downsizing of the company.