March 19, 2024, 05:59:17 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Mozilla-thunderbird, vmware and acroread7 on LE2005  (Read 4323 times)

Offline zhuqing8027

Mozilla-thunderbird, vmware and acroread7 on LE2005
« on: April 30, 2005, 08:54:37 PM »
I just upgraded to Mandrivalinux Limited Edition 2005 on my desktop, and there are some problems I met. I installed vmware workstation 5.0 and mozilla-thunderbird but neither of them works.
For mozilla-thunderbird the program cannot be started, and the error message was
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08ee8ec0 ***
thunderbird/run-mozilla.sh: line 159: 2517 Aborted "$prog" ${1+"$@"}".

For vmware workstation the program can be started but it froze there and have no response at all, the error message was
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08eb0660 ***
NOT_REACHED /build/mts/release/bora-13124/bora/apps/vmuiLinux/sig_vmui.c:390

Finally I even cannot use the acroread7 built in LE2005. Every time I type "acroread7" on command line the program start and shut down immediately.

I think all these problem are kind of related, but I don't know how to do with it. So does anyone have some ideas of these problems? Any suggestions will be helpful and appreciated.

Offline dragoncity99

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
Mozilla-thunderbird, vmware and acroread7 on LE2005
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 03:19:03 PM »
VMware can only work when u need to tweak a little. Coz they use rc0.d ....rc6.d and init.d directory.

They only provide RPM packages. Sad to hear that, me too, coz im using slackware. It a little of my time to do install it.

Mozilla-thunderbird? Never use it in my life, and i dono why? Hahaha

By the way? Does ur distro support Slackware tarballs or RPM or Debian packages?

If not, well, u don't have a choice then. :(
Compile from the sources.