Linux in General > Linux Tutorials & How To's

Configuring Squid Proxy server & Transparent Proxy

<< < (3/34) > >>

vasu:
hi

i work now  rh9.0 iin nat ip masqureade so i want now how to block ftp in nat private ip

this is my nat script please tell mee how block ftp service this pariticular ip 192.168.1.2

i#/bin/sh
service ipchains stop
/sbin/rmmod ipchains
/sbin/insmod ip_tables
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

/sbin/iptables --flush
/sbin/iptables --table nat --flush
/sbin/iptables --delete-chain
/sbin/iptables --table nat --delete-chain

/sbin/iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING -s 192.168.1.2 -j MASQUERADE

Ricky:
Vasu your question has been answered here.. in new thread wher you have asked it..
http://www.linuxsolved.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=180

kmashraf:
I have a gateway machine with the following config
IDT WinChip 200 MHz
32 MB RAM
2 GB HDD
2 NIC's (one eth0 connected to a cable modem and the other eth1 connected to the local lan)
I run Vector Linux 3.2 on it. Like the small footprint and intend to use it for purposes such as NAT, FIREWALLING, PROXYING.
This box is already doing NAT for my local network as well as firewalling.
It also is running Psionic PortSentry. Nifty little piece of software.
I do not want to change any of that.
I want to install a minimalist proxy on it. Just want to block all of 'em steamy sites from specific ip's cause I don't want the kids to loose it. I like to believe that I am liberal and  would rather educate the kids. But others are not so cool.The want this sh.... cut off.
I am a little confused about caching. I want to know if I have to setup squid as a caching proxy to achieve these ends ? I am not really concerned about the performance of web access. I only wanna block off specific sites to specific ip's.
Thanks
All help greatly appreciated
Love the Brave GNU World ! 8)

Ricky:
For kmashraf..
Well to do all that you can just install smoothwall.
BTw.. to block a site u can make acl, search linuxsolved.com forums using search feature.
INstalling squid caching server will increase the performance.
I would rather suggest to incrase RAM if you are going to install squid.

kmashraf:
Using Smoothwall would mean losing my existing setup. Not a happy thought, since I spent time setting it up.
So you say that 32 MB RAM is not enough for Squid ? The RAM I have are SIMM's, getting more or replacing with higher capacity RAM will be a difficult exercise.
The machine in question has been in service 24/7/365 for the past 3 years. Running mostly RedHat and Mandrake. Vector Linux I setup only recently for I felt that RH and Mandrake are too much for a machine of that config.
Thank you.
Khan Md Ashraf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version