Linux in General > Linux Tutorials & How To's

Internet Sharing in Linux / NAT How to

<< < (2/9) > >>

Ricky:
You are pretty new.. it is very simple.. if u want to do it from command line then can use vi.. ie. to make rc.nat do " vi rc.nat" then it will open a new file.. type stuff i mentioned and then save it using
":save /etc/rc.d/rc.nat"

or u can use graphical editor..

ozioma:
PLEASE IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN BROWSE THE INTERNET FROM MY WORKSTATION WITHOUT SETTING THE CLIENTS GATEWAY AS THE IP ADDRESS OF THE SERVER LIKE CIM MY FORMER SERVER ALL WE NEEDED DO WAS CONFIGURE THE INTERNET EXPLORER TO USE PORT 8080 AND THEN PUT THE IP OF THE SERVER WITHOUT CONFIGURING THE GATEWAY

THANKS

OZIOMA

Ricky:
If you are looking for that then you need squid proxy. see Squid proxy configuration.
BTW you can also set dhcp server on ur linux box so that you don't have to configure every box. Just set your clients to obtain ip and other information from dhcp server. See DHCP server linux how to

Lastly I suggest you to read some stuff about networking to clear your concepts..

kisakye:
hi everyone am still wondering after writing out that script which ricky gave will my box linux be able to work as a server hence work with windows machines on the  network??
thanks

Ricky:
Yes , I can be gateway for any machine on any OS untill that machine uses universal TCP/IP protocol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version