April 18, 2024, 08:06:39 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: squid proxy  (Read 4319 times)

Offline sathish

• Linux Learner
squid proxy
« on: March 20, 2005, 12:12:07 PM »
Hello Linux Team,

My distro is redha 9, done masquerading and running squid my network setup is as follows :-

LINUX BOX - MASQUERADE+FIREWALL+SQUID
|
|
V
WIN2K SERVER [ Done Internet Sharing ]
|
|
V
connected to L A N - 50 Client

Now my question is instead of going to each 50 individual client and configuring proxy settings, is it possible to do it in LINUX BOX, so that proxy setting should take automatically.

Plz let me know .

Thank you.

Offline gauravbajaj

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
squid proxy
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 05:21:04 PM »
HI dear
I think u have to give proxy to all computers...or make a shell script to do this..
gaurav

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
squid proxy
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 05:53:04 AM »
I don't understand that whay you have done following..

LINUX (with masq+proxy+firewall) ------> Win2K (ICS) ---> CLIENTS

IF you can already do ICS with LINUX machine .. that is what masquerade is for then whay you have used win2k machine for sharing ? ie for NAT ?

Quote from: "Sathish"
Now my question is instead of going to each 50 individual client and configuring proxy settings, is it possible to do it in LINUX BOX, so that proxy setting should take automatically.

That is where the Trasnparent Proxy comes. It is simple NAT + port redirection to proxy port!

Offline sathish

• Linux Learner
squid transperent
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 02:53:46 PM »
Hi Ricky,

yes, u have catched my point,

yes linux box will share the net to WIN2K SERVER and then win2k server to the clients.

now i have done Transparent proxy also, like this

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128.

1) but in squid, i have allowed some url to access and remaining all sites is banned, this is not working even transparent proxy is active, when I browse sites it is accessing all sites, wat to do for this ??
when i go to each system and configure proxy setting in internet explorer like this [ proxy server 10.10.1.1 port 3128 ]. it will work, i mean the banned list and the access list.

2) we are having a Online Software, I want to configure this software not to authenticate to squid, it should directly connect to the internet. how to do ??

Thanking you,

Sathish.

Offline black_box

[ASK..??]MAX USER CLIENT
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 09:50:26 AM »
i have a proxy server that connect to internet trough 256 Kbps broadband, i want to ask how does max user that we can add to the access list, but the internet is still runing well