March 28, 2024, 10:49:06 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: New forum in LinuxSolved.com related to Security & firew  (Read 5733 times)

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
New forum in LinuxSolved.com related to Security & firew
« on: September 29, 2005, 07:03:17 AM »
While looking at the No. of posts about Firewall and security in LS forums I thought it will be good if could have a new forum specially for "Firewalls"

BTw.. I would name it as "Linux Security and firewall" but I have doubt if security and firewall will cause some confusion ??

What the other members are saying ?

Offline ilias

• Linux Learner
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 02:41:56 AM »
Hi Ricky

As data had already became the asset of the organisation, administrators and engineers are always on the lookout to protect it without comprise.

Your suggestion to start a post of “Linux Security and Firewall” is well appreciated and before starting the post please do write a detailed Tutorial on Iptables because 90% of the users who wants their queries to be answered on Iptables does not have knowledge on it and simply takes the (your) answers without any knowledge of it. This will help to eliminate the basic queries on Iptables and the post will focus further than that.

You can name it as “SECURING LINUX”.

Offline deven_01

• Linux Learner
It good
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 09:00:07 AM »
Hi ricky
Its very nice to start new forum regarding to Linux Security and Firewall, This is b'coz many system administrator having different problems and issues regarding to Linux Security and Firewall.
Regards,
Linux User

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 09:40:30 AM »
I would like to know if it might confuse people to ask question in networking section or in security section ?